When You Order from Health Shoppe
Our policy on pricing, shipping, returns and security
- Product Pricing
- Sales Tax
- Shipping Policy
- Shipping Rates
- Overseas Shipping
- Return/Canceled Order Policy
- Ordering Security
Despite our best efforts, some misunderstandings about expectations are bound to occur from time to time. The information presented here is offered in an attempt to clarify our policies and practices, to avoid these problems as much as possible. It's a dual safeguard:
- It lets you know just what to expect with your orders from Health Shoppe, and provides you with a fixed standard to hold us to, and
- It makes clear the limits of our service to you, so you don't make requests that we can't fulfill.
All of the prices listed on this website are retail. As with any business, I order the products at wholesale, give them a mark-up and sell them to you. But I give you this guarantee:
You can be assured that, when you shop with Health Shoppe, you're getting the best prices on dōTERRA® products anywhere. While I've seen some websites that seem to offer better prices, they invariably require that you go to the dōTERRA® website and register as either a Retail Customer, Preferred Customer or Distributor before you can order anything. I offer that option to you, as well; and if you register with dōTERRA®, you can order at the same prices I pay (certain conditions apply). No one can give you a better price than that.
However, if you prefer the ease and convenience (not to mention customer service) of ordering directly from this website, I've set the prices at below the regular retail price. (That is: I've set my prices below dōTERRA's recommended mark-up. In some instances, the prices on this website are a little higher than the Retail prices on the dōTERRA® website.) I'm not aware of anyone offering dōTERRA products at a better price than here. Most websites I've seen price the same products significantly higher.
Many people feel that, since they are ordering product over the internet, there should be no sales tax on their purchases. Personally, that is how I feel. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way.
Because dōTERRA® is a Multi-Level Marketing company, the company is required by law to charge sales tax on the retail value of all of its products. Since I have to pay sales tax on my inventory, I have no choice but to pass that expense along to you.
To save the most on your purchases, both for the product and sales tax, it would be best for you to order directly from dōTERRA®. This requires registration as either a Retail Customer, a Preferred Customer or a Distributor, but is well worth it.
When you place an order with Health Shoppe, I'll do everything I can to get that order processed and on its way to you that day. However, since this is a home-based business, there is only a limited amount of stock on hand. Most orders are passed along to dōTERRA®, for processing and shipping. Their policy is to have orders out the door within 72 hours, but usually orders are processed the same day.
It's my policy to send an e-mail when your order is processed, giving you some idea when to expect it at your door.
Since most orders placed on this website are processed through dōTERRA®, all charges are determined by them. The company has made special arrangements with FedEx for discounted charges, so this works to your advantage.
- Standard shipping is FedEx Ground. Delivery is guaranteed in five days (once the product is shipped).
- FedEx 2 Day shipping is available at a higher charge.
Next day service is also available, but it would be cheaper to fly there and pick it up yourself. (It would make a nice trip … )
Shipping orders outside the United States often involves higher shipping rates, as well as taxes and duties. In these circumstances, we reserve the right to place a secondary charge on your credit card for the amount of actual costs. In most cases, it would be much simpler for you to order directly from dōTERRA®.
Ordering outside the United States or Canada
While I welcome orders from around the world, several factors make it more complicated to fulfil such orders. One of the main issues here is shipping. In some cases, shipping cost as much as the product ordered, and it can be very difficult to accurately calculate costs until the the order is packaged.
If you live outside the United States or Canada, I would encourage you to register with dōTERRA® and order directly from the company. Their ordering and shipping departments are set up to handle this, and you can get all the details at the time of your order.
However, if you would rather order from this website, the following would facilitate a more smooth transaction process.
- Place your order as you normally would.
- When it comes to choosing your payment method, select to pay by personal check.
- Confirm your order.
Do not send a check. Notice of your order will be sent to me. This will give me the opportunity to calculate the actual costs of shipping your product(s). I will then email you the details and request payment through PayPal. If everything is acceptable to you, all you need to do is accept the charge (or decline it, if it's not), and your order can process normally from there.
Return/Canceled Order Policy
The return policy of Health Shoppe is governed by that of dōTERRA®. As a retail customer, if you are dissatisfied with any product, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund if unopened or 90% if opened (minus shipping charges). Simply contact me and we will work out the details.
If, after placing an order but before the product is shipped, you decide to cancel your order, I reserve the right to withhold a reasonable fee to cover my expenses. Using a credit card is free to you, the customer; however, I am charged by my credit card processor for both your order and your refund.
When transacting business on-line, security is always an issue. Every precaution has been taken by Health Shoppe to safeguard your personal information.
You can shop at Health Shoppe online with confidence. I have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to offer safe and secure credit card transactions for my customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card processing networks (see an online payments diagram). The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
If you prefer, I can process your transaction by phone or mail. Call me at 989-859-1647 during business hours (between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., Eastern Time is usually best), or mail your order to.
207 Hunters Ridge
Midland, MI 48640
Health Shoppe is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program. Other assurances of security include the following:
- This website is hosted on a secure server. My host, ICServ, uses best practices in all elements of internet security. All transactions are encrypted using SSL, and are as safe as placing orders over a chorded phone line (cordless and cell phones present a different picture). No system is absolutely safe, but you can be assured that every effort has been taken to guarantee a secure transaction.
- You have the option of paying through PayPal, as well, to take advantage of the security offered there.
- The information gathered during the ordering process is kept secure. Most of it is stored at ICServ, encrypted and off-server, with access by password only. The information that I have is protected by a firewall and port cloaking, and all printed documents are accessible only by me.
- Orders sent to dōTERRA® for processing include only your product order and shipping information. This is done through the company website, and is secure.