What is done with your personal information
As a matter of personal principle I will treat you as I would want to be treated myself.
This means you can trust me that:
- I will ask you only for the information needed to fulfill the functions you have initiated with me. If it was a request for information, I will ask only enough to answer your questions; if it was an order, I will ask only for what is needed to process your credit card and ship your order. (Other information — such as your background with essential oils — is entirely optional, and is asked only so I can serve you better.
- I will strictly safeguard all information you give me. This includes:
- On-line transactions conducted over secure servers, using Authorize.Net's SSL encryption.
- Website hosted on ICServ's state-of-the-art servers, with full firewall protection.
- All personal information gathered on the website is encrypted and stored off the server, and is password protected.
- My connection to ICServ is password and firewall protected, and the port is cloaked for added security.
- Access to your information at my end is limited to me. There are no hirelings — or a cleaning crew — able to rummage through the files.
- I will never give out any information to third parties, except as required by law. That means I will never sell your name and/or e-mail address to another business. The information you give to me stays with me, except for shipping information given to dōTERRA® necessary to get you your order processed.
Tracking your movements around Health Shoppe
There is some pretty sophisticated technology out there that can give a website owner all sorts of information about your browsing habits. Some websites use this tracking software to map your movements around the site, to determine how long you stayed on any page, the keywords you used to get to the website or to search once you got there; they can even tell how you entered the site and where you leave it to go.
While all of this information can be very helpful to a website owner, none of that is done on this site. Hits on a page are recorded, but no information is gathered about you or your browsing habits; only what pages are called up from the server.
This policy may change at some point. The information that can be gathered from this tracking is really important to creating an effective web presence. But, I assure you that personal information will not be collected or analysed; only information that can help me build a website that will serve you better.
The closest thing to an exception of this policy is . . .
- When you place an order at Health Shoppe, if you give me your e-mail address, it will be added to my mailing list (unless you specifically request not to be added). This is done so that you can receive my newsletter. You can remove yourself from my mailing list at any time, or contact me and ask to be removed. All such requests will be promptly fulfilled.
- If you fill out a form (information request, survey, feedback), you will be added to my mailing list. Again, you always have the right to opt out.
While my newsletter has some promotional qualities to it, it's mostly informational, and is part of my effort to be of service to you. It's my goal to offer you the best of service, while guarding your right to privacy.
Respect for you
It all comes down to respect, of treating you as I'd want to be treated. While no system is perfectly secure, I couldn't ask you to do business with me if I didn't take every measure to safeguard your privacy.
I thank you for your trust.