Bergamot (Citrus bergamia) Oil from dōTERRA®
Reduces tension and stress, lessens sad and anxious feelings, soothes skin
- d-Limonene (>30%)
- linalyl acetate (20%)
Bergamot oil has a fresh, sweet, citrusy scent. Unique among citrus oils, it is highly favored for its lovely fragrance and calming properties. Uplifting and relaxing, bergamot essential oil, from dōTERRA, has roughly 300 chemical constituents that reduce tension and stress, lessen sad and anxious feelings, while soothing and rejuvenating the skin.
15 mL bottle.
About bergamot oil from dōTERRA®:
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. In keeping with dōTERRA's certified pure, therapeutic-grade (CPTG®) standard, its bergamot oil is cold-presses the oil from the rind of the bergamot fruit, producing an essential oil with a citrusy, spicy aroma, with a high floral note.
Bergamot is unique among citrus oils, due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help lessen anxious and sad feelings. It is also cleansing and rejuvenating for the skin, promoting a smooth, clear complexion.
More about bergamot oil
- Italians have used bergamot for years, to reduce tension and stress, and to soothe and rejuvenate skin.
- In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee.
- This oil has been used in the Middle East for hundreds of years, to promote healthy, clear skin.
- Bergamot is also what gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavor.
Primary benefits of bergamot oil
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Reduces tension and stress
- Promotes healthy, clear skin
- Soothes and rejuvenates skin
- Frequently used in massage therapy, for its calming benefits
- Lessens sad and anxious feelings
Uses for bergamot oil
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home, when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply, to experience its calming aroma, while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea into Earl Grey, with the addition of bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime, or use with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil, for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your favorite dōTERRA® skin care product, for added cleansing properties.
How to use:
dōTERRA's bergamot oil is intended for aromatic, topical or internal use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Because bergamot oil is very photosensitive, avoid appling it to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.