Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) Oil from dōTERRA®
All-natural support for women, healthy digestion, circulation and mood
Chemo-type: Linalyl Acetate
→ Esters (up to 75%):
Known for its uplifting and mood-lightening attributes, clary sage is also widely used by women, to soothe monthly discomfort associated with their menstrual cycles. It was also studied by noted expert, Robert Tisserand, for its soothing effects on nervous tension during massage.
15 mL bottle.
About clary sage oil from dōTERRA®:
Clary sage (Salvia sclarea) is a biennial or perennial herb, that grows up to six feet in height. The oil is steam distilled from the flower, yielding an oil with a woody, herbal, coniferous aroma. This mellow, warm, herbal scent helps to soothe nervous tension and lighten mood.
Clary sage is known for its ability to soothe discomforts associated with a woman's monthly menstrual cycles, and help to balance hormones. The main chemical component of clary sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing and balancing essential oils.
In the Middle Ages, the Salvia sclarea plant was nicknamed "clear eyes", and it was frequently used for female discomfort and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling clary sage can soothe nervous tension and lighten mood.
Primary benefits of clary sage oil
- Soothes monthly discomfort associated with menstrual cycles
- Helps balance hormones
- Soothes nervous tension and lightens mood
- Calming and soothing to the skin
Uses for clary sage oil
- For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
- Combine with Roman chamomile and add to bath water, to soothe nervous tension and lighten mood.
- Apply to feet or pulse points, to help balance hormones.
- Combine with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil, to massage, soothe or rejuvenate skin.
How to use:
Clary sage oil can be use for aromatic, topical or dietary use. It is gentle enough to be used neat.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Although gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with dōTERRA's fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor's care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
Other places you can find clary sage oil from dōTERRA®
Clary sage oil can be purchased in a 15 mL bottle in the dōTERRA® Diamond Kit.