Information on Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Reliable resources on essential oils and how aromatherapy works
Worth its weight in gold!
The best, most reliable and accessible information on essential oils and aromatherapy in the English language: Modern Essentials, 2nd Edition will empower you to take charge of your own health.
Get your copy of the Modern Essentials today.
Besides having a reliable source for essential oils, reliable information about the oils is an integral part of any aromatherapy work. Answers to questions like "How does aromatherapy work?" and "What's the latest research on essential oils?", properties of the oils, and so forth are very important.
However, the question of how aromatherapy works is too broad to deal with adequately on this website. In addition, the FDA severely restricts the information that can be presented here. And so, basic background information is about the best we can do here. For the nitty-gritty of essential oil use, you really need a few solid resources. One of the best you can find is the Modern Essentials, published by Abundant Health's Aroma Tools Publishing.
Aromatherapy information you'll find on this website
Articles posted on this website will answer some of your basic questions:
Essential Oil Basics:
- What is aromatherapy, really?
- What are essential oils?
- Properties of essential oils that help to explain how aromatherapy works, including their:
- What does CPTG®, certified-pure-therapeutic-grade mean? And why is that important?
Quality Issues of Essential Oils:
- Why some essential oils are so cheap compared to others.
- The production methods used by dōTERRA®, by which they make truly great essential oils.
- How you can know if your oils are truly CPTG®, certified-pure-therapeutic-grade.
- The AFNOR standard for essential oils.
Using essential oils effectively:
- Ways to use essential oils and some safety guidelines.
- Which oils are generally considered safe for consumption (GRAS).
- What a session with the oils would look like.
- Direct inhalation, a simple and effective way to enjoy the many benefits of an essential oil's fragrance.
- Vita-Flex Technique.
One of the most powerful aromatherapy applications, the Vita-Flex Technique will super-charge your essential oils experience.
Another sources of info is the Everything Essential website which is a forum that can be used to search for uses for oils or find oils for a specific problem or ask questions of others who use oils.
Diffusing Essential Oils:
- Why diffusing essential oils is such a great idea.
- Why scented candles and oil burners are such a bad idea.
Other aromatherapy information:
The importance of water to aromatherapy and a nutritional program
One of the things I've found to be extremely important with the use of essential oils or dietary supplements is water. Your body is largely water, and you need to renew its stores regulary to maintain proper hydration. You've heard that for years, and it may seem hardly worth mentioning, but it really is critical to your health, and bears repeating.
- Water helps to carry nutrients to and into the cells of your body.
- Water carries wastes out of the cells and is critical to flushing toxins out of the body.
The problem here is: The water we drink creates its own problems for health. There are two reports that shed some light on this. Each person needs to determine their own needs here.